A reminder that Dundee Direct is a direct donation fundraiser where each penny raised benefits our school. It pays for classroom activities, teacher grants, technology, and other needs at our school. The big push is in September, but you can donate all year here.
A few of the highlights from Dundee Direct:
- The 2nd graders brought in the heaviest amount of coins, and won a movie for the entire grade at FilmStreams Dundee thanks to a grant.
- Our kids brought in so many pennies that we ran Dundee Bank out of pennies for a few days!
- Our Dundee Direct team took tons of coins back to the bank. Literally tons! They got quite a workout walking the change cart back and forth!
- Our neighborhood walk helped to bring in more than $600 in donations from around Dundee.
- And the big highlight - the kids raised so much money that Ms. Kennedy kissed a pig! Big thanks to Scatter Joy Acres for the loaner piglet. Ms. Kennedy reports that while it was very cute, it was still a pig and had the dirt on it to prove it. Ms. Kennedy is a trooper!
Here are a few other highlights from our PTO meeting last week:
- The meeting was at The Dell, with a free drink for everyone who came and lots of delicious snacks. Make sure to join the crowd next time!
- Ms. Kennedy reports that September is drill month. They practice all their drills and are happy to report that in a fire drill, they can get all the students safely outside in under a minute and a half!
- The District is pushing a Strive for 95 Initiative, where the goal is for 95% of the student population to miss fewer than 9 days of school. Dundee's number last year was 64.2% of the students missing 9 or fewer days. The staff at Dundee is working on various incentives to help improve overall attendance.
- October is a busy month! Look for Parent Teacher Conferences, Book Fair, Lunch with a Loved One, and Halloween Parties. Click on any of the events for more information.
Thanks for all you do for Dundee School and the PTO! As always, email with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.