February's PTO meeting took on a new look and feel with a social outing to Blackstone Soclal for some drinks and fun as members discussed what's happening with the PTO.
Did you miss the opportunity to chat, make new friends, and hear about what's happening at our school? Here are some highlights:
- Ms. Kennedy talked about the Nebraska Department of Education's accreditation visit to Dundee that took place last week. She said the committee left very impressed with Dundee, with their number one compliment being the overall culture of the school.
- Parent Teacher Conferences (and the related book fair, lunch with a loved one, and dads and donuts) are scheduled for February 27th - March 3rd.
- Science Fair and Robotics Tournament were both very successful, and the 6th and 5th grade boys basketball teams have both racked up wins!
- Sock Hop is this Friday, and we still need a few volunteers to help it run smoothly.
- Mark your calendars for April's PTO meeting (April 7th). We'll have a special presentation from Smart Gen Society about social media and our kids. This is a special program the PTO is paying to bring into Dundee. They'll present to our 4th, 5th, and 6th graders at school, to our teachers during an in-service day, and to any parents who are interested on April 7th during the regularly scheduled PTO meeting. This sounds like a very cool opportunity to learn - one parent reported that after their kid went through the training (through a different organization) that the child came home and deleted all their social media apps off their phone!
-And all attendees enjoyed a free drink courtesy of the PTO!
Make sure to join us next time, and don't be a stranger. There are lots of opportunities to help coming up, which is great for our school and helps build that culture and community that the accreditation committee was so impressed with!