- Ms. Kennedy gave us an update on the 100% return to school. She said about 20% of the students chose to stay fully-remote (just over 90 kids). The classrooms all have around 15 kids in them. The largest classroom currently has 20.
- Ms. Kennedy did tell parents that students, if they are enrolled in in-person schooling, will not be able to log in and attend school if they're absent from school. It's too much of a hassle for teachers to change things online on a daily basis. Basically, if a student is sick (or out of school for any reason), they're absent. Don't try to log on. Teachers will make sure the kids get caught up.
- Parent Teacher conferences will be held virtually again, this time on Thursday, March 4th. Teachers will be in touch to set up times. They'll also have options on other days and times for parents who cannot make March 4th work in their schedules.
- Online Kindergarten Registration was held in January. Any children in the area who will turn 5 on or before July 31, 2021, are welcome to call the school and sign up. Children not in the Dundee attendance area can add their name to the list to be considered if space allows.
- Our new school board representative, Nick Thielen, updated us on what's happening with OPS. He fielded several questions about the new Pathway/Academy program OPS is adopting for its high schools. There are still a lot of unknowns about the program and lots of concern from parents about what the changes may mean for their students as they get to high school.
- Mr. Thielen also spoke about summer school and the district's plan to catch students up from the pandemic-related losses. It was his understanding that anyone who wants to attend summer school will be encouraged to attend. More information about that should be coming soon.
- The PTO will not meet in March due to spring break and parent teacher conferences. In the meantime, let us know if you're interested in taking a more active role in the PTO next year (when hopefully the PTO can be active)! We'll need several people on various committees and a new Vice President (or two). Send us an email if you're interested in helping or click here to check out some of the committees.
We're missing all the usual PTO fun - including Sock Hop which would have been held this weekend. Who knew how much we could miss the smell of stinky socks!
Hope to see you all in person as soon as it's safe!