Help us kick-off the gardening season by joining our May Day Party in the Garden. Details:
- Monday, May 1st from 5:30 to 7:30pm
- Bring the kids and a good pair of gardening gloves
- We will weed and remove old plants to prepare the south side gardens for a makeover!
And the fun won't stop there. Garden maintenance days and evenings will continue all summer and fall. Volunteers are needed every second Sunday of the month from 3-5pm and the last Wednesday of each month from 5:30-7:30pm. Here are the dates for the next few months:
- Wednesday, May 31 at 5:30pm
- Sunday, June 11 at 3:00pm
- Wednesday, June 28 at 5:30pm
- Sunday, July 9 at 3:00pm
- Wednesday, July 26 at 5:30pm
- Sunday, August 13, 2017 at 3:00pm
We do get some questions about how the Dundee PTO came to be responsible for the gardens and what it entails. Here are a few bits of information provided by the garden committee:
- The Dundee Elementary school gardens are 100% planted and maintained by parent and student volunteers. Parents agreed to care for the gardens after the last remodel.
- Dundee has a tool shed with supplies to help maintain the gardens!
- Our Garden PTO raised over $50,000 in grant funding for the North Side project!
- For the last three years, a majority of the garden work has been done by less than a dozen parents! They do a fantastic job, but NEED YOUR HELP!