Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert has decided to turn the crosswalks back on for the 2017/2018 school year and do additional study. This is thanks to the calls, emails, and community and school support we've received in this campaign. Thanks to all for your help. And remember to push the button every time you use that crosswalk this year. They're counting!
The City of Omaha says they want "Quantifiable Data" on the crosswalks. They're asking us to email Murthy.Koti@CityofOmaha.org and cc MayorStothert@CityofOmaha.org and tell them the following things:
- your address
- who uses the crosswalk, when and why
- how often do you use the crosswalk
- any other "data" you think might be helpful.
If you've already called and emailed, do it again with this new "quantifiable data." We know they're listening!
The City of Omaha has decided to remove two crosswalks that are essential to Dundee Elementary students, families, and the community.
One is just a half a block from school, at 52nd and Chicago. The other is on the other side of the tunnel, the one used by all Dundee students who live south of Dodge. This is truly crazy!
We need your help to save them. Here's what you can do:
- Call Public Works at 402-444-5161 and tell them you want to save BOTH lights, one at 51st and Farnam and one at 52nd and Chicago. They're logging every call and this is crucial, especially to mention BOTH lights.
- Call Mayor Jean Stothert's hotline at 402-444-5555 and tell her the same thing. And encourage her to do it NOW.
- Attend a rally at Dundee Elementary this afternoon (Wednesday) at 1:30! We will make signs supporting our crosswalks and then walk to each of the crosswalks and rally to show our support.
Thanks in advance for your help. We love our walkable, friendly neighborhood!