And side note - on the way into the school be sure to check out the very cool and huge blue ribbon display made of post-it notes from students detailing what makes Dundee so great. It's pictured at right but the real-deal is much cooler in person.
So here are a few important notes about what's happening at Dundee:
- Science Fair has been moved to March 22nd (it was rescheduled due to weather)
- Dundee's PTO needs a few new committee chairs and members for next year. Especially the Dundee Direct, Garden, and Parent Teacher Conference Dinner chairs and a Treasurer. Nominate yourself or someone else here.
- The entire school celebrated Kindness at their quarterly celebration today. The older grades watched the movie Wonder (after reading the book) and the younger grades read and watched the BFG. Then, they talked about kindness.
- And speaking of kindness... a huge shout-out to Union Pacific who had a group of employees donate $540 to pay off past-due lunch accounts at Dundee. They called out of the blue and offered to do it. How great is that!
- Enrichment clubs are starting again after spring break. Forms need to be turned in by this Friday (March 2) and a new policy is that all enrichment clubs will dismiss at the front doors instead of at the classrooms. This will allow the school to keep the doors locked when there are still students inside.
- Surveys will go home at Parent Teacher conferences about the school atmosphere and your overall satisfaction with the school. These surveys are done every year and Principal Kennedy says they really value your honest feedback.
- And a reminder to use TAGG - a super easy-to-use app that allows you to "TAGG" your receipts from area businesses and send 5% of the purchase back to Dundee. It's easy and there are a ton of participating businesses. Check out the list here.
April's PTO Meeting will be held Thursday, April 5th. We will be electing new officers and learning about what the last few months of school will look like. Hope to see you there!